Wednesday, May 30, 2007

And Here I Had Convinced Myself...

that Montana was a pretty cool place. From teh Dailykos: (get More Dwarf)

Last week I heard about a woman in Great Falls, Montana, who went to her local, privately owned pharmacy, Snyder Drug (NOTE: this pharmacy is not part of the the larger Snyder Drug/Katz corporation), to fill her birth control prescription. When she went to the pharmacy counter, she received a slip of paper signed by the pharmacy owners (Stuart Anderson, Kurt Depner and Kori Depner) stating that the pharmacy would no longer fill birth control prescriptions.

Adding insult to injury, the note goes onto say that they pharmacy will "continue to serve your prescription needs with utmost care and trust." The customer, who happens to be a 49-year-old woman who is unable to conceive and uses birth control for a medical condition, called the pharmacy and asked one of the owners why the pills were being discontinued. The owner told her that birth control pills are dangerous for women.


Here's the note:


What with Jon Tester and Brian Schweitzer, and the great time I had around Glacier last September, Montana was looking up in my mind. But with this...

I know I can't judge the whole state on this one asshole pharmacy. Heck, we have our share of misogynist, racist, Christianists where I live too. This just makes me hate them that much more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home